- Feature Links
What is a DORA?
In the State of Ohio, a DORA allows visitors aged 21 and older to consume alcoholic beverages outdoors and in participating businesses within the area’s boundaries, during designated hours, and according to DORA rules.
Troy's DORA operates from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily.
- Patrons must be age 21 or over to purchase or consume alcohol.
- DORA beverages must be purchased at participating liquor establishments; you cannot bring your own drink.
- DORA drinks must be discarded before you enter another bar or restaurant that serves alcohol, or any business displaying a red "DORA Not Permitted" sign.
- You may enjoy your beverage outdoors, and may also take your drink into shops displaying a green "DORA Welcome" sign.
- DORA drinks are allowed only within the DORA boundaries. Exit signage is placed at the boundaries of the DORA, and DORA beverages are not permitted outside of these exit points.
- Safety and nuisance laws are still enforced! Enjoy the DORA responsibly, be respectful of residents and businesses, and never drink and drive.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Can I bring my own drink into the DORA?
A: No. Patrons cannot bring their own alcoholic drink into the DORA. You can purchase your favorite drink in a marked DORA container from a participating establishment.
Q: Can I take my DORA beverage from one liquor establishment into another?
A: No. You cannot take a DORA drink back into the liquor establishment where you purchased it after exiting or into another liquor establishment.
Q: Can I take my DORA beverage into my favorite shop?
A: Yes, if a retailer indicates that they allow DORA beverages by displaying a green DORA sign, you can shop with your drink!
Q: How will the DORA be enforced?
A: Troy police monitor the DORA area during routine patrols. If you need assistance, please contact the Troy Police Department at 911.
Q: Do the DORA boundaries change for special events?
A: The DORA exists within a permanent 31.8 acre footprint. In addition, 162.82 acres of temporary expansion areas have been added for approved events only, which can only be activated at the discretion of the City Council.
All liquor regulations apply to establishments and patrons within the DORA, including overserving and drunk driving laws. Please drink responsibly.
Download a printable version here.
Activated Expansion for June 24 and 25
The DORA will be expanded ONLY on June 24 and August 5, during DORA operating hours.
Participating Liquor Establishments:
Agave & Rye
Basil's on Market
Crafted and Cured
Dunaway's Beef and Ale
Elks Lodge (private club)
Leaf & Vine
The Mayflower By A.M. Scott Distillery (coming soon)
Moeller Brew Barn
Mojo's Bar & Grill
Old Scratch Pizzeria (coming soon)
Redman Lodge (private club)
Presentation from February 8, 2021 City Council Work Session:
Click here to download.
Full-Text DORA Application:
Click here to download the DORA application submitted February 9, 2021.