July 25, 2022
City Hall, Council Chambers
100 S. Market St.
Troy, OH 45373
City Council Committee Meetings
Monday, July 25, 2022
Watch these meetings live via our live-stream. After the meetings have ended, they will be posted on our YouTube channel.
TROY CITY COUNCIL
WORK SESSION AND COMMITTEE MEETING
COUNCIL CHAMBERS, CITY HALL
100 S. Market Street, Troy, Ohio
MONDAY, JULY 25, 2022, 6:00 PM
TROY CITY COUNCIL
Committee of the Whole (Chaired by Council President Lutz)
- Ohio Checkbook
A Presentation by Ethan West, Office of Ohio Treasurer; Alaina Bowers, Ohio Checkbook Operations Manager, and Marcie Longenecker, Regional Public Affairs Liaison
B. Discussion; Recommendation
Buildings & Utilities Committee (Marshall [Chm.], Twiss, Whidden)
- Provide a recommendation to Council regarding authorizing the Director of Public Service and Safety to advertise for bids and enter into a contract for the Wastewater Treatment Plant Aeration Expansion Project at a cost not to exceed $14,000,000.
Community & Economic Development Committee (Schilling [Chm.], Pierce, Snee)
- Provide a recommendation to Council regarding Ordinance No. O-36-2022, Rezoning of Inlot 11514, 1322 Washington Road, known as the Canferelli Annexation from the County zoning of R-1AAA, One-family Residential, to the City zoning of R-3, Single-family Residential District.
Community Partnerships Committee (Rozell [Chm.], Schilling, Severt)
- Provide a recommendation to Council regarding authorizing the Director of Public Service and Safety to enter into an amended and restated lease with the Community Improvement Corporation of Troy, Ohio regarding the Lincoln Community Center. The proposed amendments clarify utility responsibilities related to the recently completed expansion project wherein the City will pay electric and natural gas costs for our building in return for expanded use of the facility. Consideration of emergency legislation is requested so that the utility bills can be transferred.
Finance Committee (Severt [Chm.], Phillips, Rozell)
- Provide a recommendation to Council regarding authorizing the Director of Public Service and Safety to submit an application to the Ohio Public Works Commission (OPWC) for $600,000 in funding towards the cost of the South Stanfield Road Reconstruction Project, Phase 2 and to execute any necessary agreements if funds are awarded. Consideration of emergency legislation is requested based on the August 8 application deadline.
Safety & Health Committee (Twiss [Chm.], Marshall, Whidden)
- Provide a recommendation to Council regarding recommending that legislation be prepared to regulate Massage Services.
Streets & Sidewalks Committee (Phillips [Chm.], Pierce, Snee)
- Provide a recommendation to Council regarding the recommendation of the Troy Planning Commission that Council approves the dedication of 1.021 acres of right-of-way along Barnhart Road and Fenner Road. This is for the new Miami County “one stop facility”. Consideration of emergency legislation is requested so that the County’s project can proceed on schedule.