The City of Troy has a municipal separate storm sewer system (MS4) general permit (#OHQ000002) as part of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) program. As part of this storm water permit, Ohio EPA requires the development and implementation of a Storm Water Management Program (SWMP) that satisfies the appropriate water quality requirements of Ohio Revised Code 6111 and the Clean Water Act. This year the City of Troy was required to update its Storm Water Management Plan which identifies and describes the best management practices (BMPs) selected by the City of Troy to address the six minimum control measures (MCMs) in the permit. The six MCMs are:
1. Public Education and Outreach
2. Public Participation and Involvement
3. Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
4. Construction Site Runoff Control
5. Post-Construction Runoff Control
6. Pollution Prevention/Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations
The draft plan is located on the City’s website for review www.troyohio.gov.
Please send any comments to Christy Butera, Assistant City Engineer, by calling at 937-339-2641 or at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 16.