The movie Pee-wee’s Big Adventure will be shown at dusk on August 12, 2017 on N. Cherry Street.
To provide for set-up and the safe viewing of the movie:
N. Cherry Street (W. Main Street to W. Water Street) will be closed after 3:00 AM on August 12;
Areas of the metered City Parking Lot on N. Cherry Street will be closed after 3:00 AM on August 12.
As a reminder, the movie Pee-wee’s Big Adventure is free and is open to the public. Additional free activities on August 12 include:
* 6:00 PM Family fun activities at Treasure Island Park
* 7:30 PM Organized bike ride to Cherry Street, which will be led by the Fire Department Bike Medics
(A monitored bike corral will be provided on N. Cherry Street between the movie screen and W. Water Street.)
* 8:00 PM Additional family fun activities on Cherry Street
* Dusk (Approx. 9 PM) Movie starts (will last approximately 90 minutes)
* Following the movie Organized bike ride back to Hobart Arena for those who parked in the Arena lot.
The City encourages parking at the Hobart Arena parking lot and then biking to Treasure Island Park to participate in the activities.
Prior to the start of the movie, the winners of two bicycles will be announced. The “Where’s the Bike? Contest” continues through August 11. Contest information is available at many downtown merchant locations and on the City of Troy website www.troyohio.gov.
This family movie night is part of a community-led Master Plan that is still being created for the redevelopment and revitalization of the Downtown Riverfront. This plan recommends many different proposed ideas to make our City stronger, more vibrant, and competitive. The primary purpose of this plan is to attract and keep people of all ages living, working and enjoying life in Troy.