The donuts are coming back to town! To facilitate the setup, tear down, and events of the Donut Jam and Tour de Donut, there will be several road closures on August 27th and 28th.
On Friday, August 27, the southeast quadrant of the Public Square, the metered spaces in the N. Cherry Street parking lot, and the REC parking lot will be closed to public parking starting at 7:00 a.m.
After 11:00 a.m., the following closures will be in place:
- All of the Public Square
- Main Street from Cherry Street to Walnut Street
- W. Main Street from Plum Street to Cherry Street on the south side, and from east side of the vacated alley by the Safety Building to Cherry Street on the north side
- Market Street from Water Street to Franklin Street
- Entirety of N. Cherry Street
On Saturday, August 28, the Public Square and the streets above will be closed to traffic until approximately 1:00 p.m. The following closures will also be in place until approximately 1:00 p.m.:
• N. Market Street from the Public Square to Staunton Road (N. Market bridge will be closed)
• E. Water Street from N. Market Street to N. Mulberry Street.
• W. Water Street from N. Market Street to N. Oxford Street
Drivers are asked to watch for cyclists both in and out of the downtown area. The City encourages residents and visitors alike to come downtown for the festivities.
The Donut Jam, open to the public, promises to be a fantastic evening of music, food, and fun for visitors of all ages. For more information about the Donut Jam, visit www.troymainstreet.org. Cyclists interested in participating in the Tour de Donut can find out more at www.thetourdedonut.com.