Last week had some weather challenges, but crews managed to complete several tasks between rain showers:
- Surface course asphalt was completed between the railroad tracks and Ridge Avenue, the intersection of Plum and West Main, and portions of pavement at Short Street.
- Temporary striping was placed Friday, as final paving is yet to come between Plum and the railroad tracks.
- Crews continued adjusting manholes and valves throughout the project.
- Permanent signage will be installed.
- Concrete crews will continue to work near downtown, around the West Main and Cherry intersection.
- Contractor and gas company personnel will continue to locate and adjust all manholes and valves in the roadway for final paving.
- Paving crews will be in to prep entrances to West Main for final paving between Plum and the railroad tracks. Final paving has been tentatively scheduled for the week of October 9th.
- Permanent pavement markings will follow paving.
As always, motorists should use caution, and if possible, take alternate routes. We appreciate your continued patience.