Vendor and Food Truck Licenses

Vendor's Licenses

Under Chapter 721 of Troy's Codified Ordinances, a "vendor" is any person who offers goods or services for sale without a fixed and established place of business.

Vendors must obtain a Vendor License before selling goods or services in the City of Troy. Please note that the form requires a color photo within the last year; please bring one with you. The police station does not have a camera for that purpose.

Forms must be delivered o the Troy Police Department at 124 E Main Street, Troy Ohio, 45373. We do not process applications without payment and payments are non-refundable.

If you experience "high pressure sales," an abusive salesperson, or a vendor who makes you uncomfortable, we encourage you to contact the Troy Police Department at 937-339-7525

Food Truck License

Food truck vendors need to file only for a Mobile Food Vehicle Vending License. Some food trucks are also required to have a Food Service Permit issued by the Ohio Department of Agriculture, click here for information on state requirements.