- Solid Waste and Recycling
The Solid Waste Division has a full time staff of two employees dedicated to the collection of residential trash collection. The City of Troy collects approximately 10,000 households of solid waste weekly.
The Solid Waste Division is responsible for the following:
- Administering the residential recycling program; visit www.rumpke.com for information about our recycling contractor.
- Collecting residential solid waste and special trash items weekly.
- Collecting yard waste and brush.
Curbside Trash and Recycling Information
- Acceptable Items for Recycling
- Holiday Trash Collection
- Residential Solid Waste Regulations
- Solid Waste and Recycling Schedule Map
- Special Trash Collection
- Trash and Recycling Cart Use and Curbside Placement
- Yard Waste Collection
Some items are dangerous for our staff to pick up or transport. We cannot accept the following items in curbside trash:
- Household hazardous waste (such as liquid paint thinner, gasoline, fertilizer, chlorine, or garage chemicals). Hazardous waste can be disposed of through the Miami County Solid Waste District.
- Oil-based paint that hasn't been dried. Allow the paint to dry out, or mix it with sawdust or kitty litter before putting in the trash. Or, contact the Miami County Solid Waste District for other disposal options.
- Medical sharps and hypodermic needles. Contact your prescription provider or the Miami County Solid Waste District for disposal options.
- Batteries and fluorescent light bulbs. Some box stores have recycling options, or see options from the Miami County Solid Waste District.
- Tires. Check with your auto shop or take them to the Miami County Transfer Station.
Rumpke Quarterly Reward Contest
Contest winners have received gift bags from Rumpke of Ohio, Inc., which have included several items, including a gift card from a local restaurant. To participate in the contest, simply click on the link below and complete the quick and easy survey.