The Troy City Beautification Committee provides for two awards throughout the “growing months,” to recognize the efforts of property owners in Troy to make our community more beautiful.
The purpose of the Green Thumb Award is to recognize the landscaping efforts of property owners in maintaining or improving their property. The purpose of the Merit Award is to recognize the architectural improvements made to buildings. At the end of each year, the Beautification Committee awards Multi-Year Winner garden flags to residents who have received the Green Thumb award at least three times, recognizing consistently beautiful landscaping.
Green Thumb Awards for September 2022
- 953 Terry Dr. – Nelson and Mary Kay Boyer
- 2701 Parkwood Dr.– Scott Stanley
- 2877 Stonebridge – Mike and Susan Fay
- 546 Northpoint Ct. – Robin Adams
- 152 Finsbury Ln. - Ken Bruce
- 522 S. Mulberry St. – Connie Sutherin
- 2310 Cara Dr. – Dale and Carol Magato
- 325 Summit Ave. –
- 1516 Beekman Dr. – Fred and Sandra Scherer
- 418 Ohio Ave – Stacey Shoop
Merit Award for September 2022
- 29 W. Market St. – Caleb and Tara Pierce
Multi-Year Flag Recipients:
- 1089 Mystic Ln. South – Ruth Ann Scaggs
- 501 S. Market St – Richard and Mary Nilsen
- 1128 E. Main St – Kim and Renee Francis
- 2900 Parkwood – Al and Jan Mescher
- 1202 Peters Ave. – Jeff and Patti Elliott
- 947 Terry Dr – Mark and Connie Goldner
- 224 Penn Rd – Bill and Suzy Wilson
- 430 Forrest Ln – James Larck
- 60 Colony Park Dr. – Yvonne Becker
- 1114 E. Canal – Shirley Norris
The City Beautification Committee receives nominations for both awards. To nominate a household in Troy, send your nomination to Committee Chair Gareth Johnston at email@example.com.
Nominations must specify the award for which the nomination is being made, the name and address of the nominee, and a name and contact information for the person making a nomination. Please note that nominees must residents within the City limits. For more information, visit https://www.troyohio.gov/706/Green-Thumb-and-Merit-Awards.